The Grand Strand Bicycling community came together to make one calendar where all the different disciplines can be found: mountain biking, road cycling and triathlete’s rides. This is not supported by any one shop in particular. All rides have their own leader and you can find more information just by clicking on it. Beach Bike shop recommends to get in contact with the rider leader.
What you need to know to ride safely!
- Bicyclists riding on the roadway must travel in the extreme right lane in the direction of the traffic—not against it!
- Whenever possible, bicyclists should ride on bike paths or designated bicycle lanes, such as those located on Mr. Joe White Avenue or North Ocean Boulevard.
- Bicyclists must obey all road signs and traffic signals, and must give turn signals just as motorists do.
- Bicyclists may not ride on ordinary pedestrian sidewalks. They may ride on special wide, multi-purpose sidewalks designed for a combination of bicycle and pedestrian traffic, such as those running along Grissom Parkway.
- Bicyclists should not disregard the rights of pedestrians and motorists—respect them just as you want them to respect you.
- It is illegal to ride through a pedestrian crosswalk. Climb off the bike and walk your bicycle across the road.
- A bicyclist riding in the dark must have a headlight on the front of his bicycle and a red reflector on the rear.
- Never carry additional passengers on a bicycle!
- Watch motorists carefully! They may be talking on a cell phone, texting, eating… But they are bigger than you are so, as the saying goes, “give a fool a wide berth.”
- Protect your head. Wear a helmet!